Mizoram-Assam dispute: In a joint statement, the Assam government will withdraw the advisory advising not to go to Mizoram

Mizoram-Assam Border Dispute: In the midst of the ongoing border dispute between Mizoram and Assam, a joint statement was issued by both the state governments on Thursday, emphasizing on finding a solution through dialogue. According to news agency PTI, Mizoram and Assam held talks on the border dispute, agreeing to resolve the issue amicably. Along with this, Assam will withdraw the earlier advisory regarding not traveling to Mizoram.

Assam and Mizoram said in their joint statement that the steps taken by the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Chief Ministers of both the states to end the tension on the border will go ahead and find a solution to the problem through dialogue.

The bloody conflict took place on 26 July

Significantly, the ongoing border dispute between the two states had taken the form of bloody clashes on July 26 in which six Assam Police personnel and a civilian were killed while around 50 people were injured in the incident. Mizoram Chief Minister Zoramthanga said on Twitter on Wednesday that he was hopeful of a solution being found in the meeting of the two states.

He tweeted, “Tomorrow, on 5th August 2021, the representatives of the Government of Assam under the leadership of Senior Minister will meet the delegation of Government of Mizoram led by Senior Minister. I am sure that this will lead to an agreement to take important steps to resolve the border dispute.

Problems increased due to border closure

A highly placed source said that after the intervention of Union Home Minister Amit Shah, both the sides decided to hold a meeting to defuse the tension. Earlier on Monday, Sarma had announced through microblogging site that he would send two of his cabinet ministers to Aizawl for peace.

Sarma made the announcement after his Mizoram counterpart Zoramthanga announced on social media that he had directed the state police to withdraw the cases registered against officials of the neighboring state. After this, the Chief Minister of Assam also announced the withdrawal of cases registered against Kolasib Deputy Commissioner Lalthalangliana and Sub-Divisional Police Officer Therti Harangchal in his state. Meanwhile, the economic blockade reportedly announced by the Assam government entered its 10th day on Wednesday. In fact, the National Highway number 306, which enters Mizoram from Cachar district, is closed since July 26.

Source link

By Roddur

100 thought on “Mizoram-Assam dispute: In a joint statement, the Assam government will withdraw the advisory advising not to go to Mizoram”
  1. Hi there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally
    suggest to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

Comments are closed.